Happy Tuesday Bible Journal family!
In Revelation 2 we have hear Jesus speak to John and to four of the seven churches in the province of Asia. The words Jesus speaks to John would be the letters written for the churches then and to all of us as “the Churches” now.
The letters to the churches are of praise and encouragement, but also warnings. So as you read through Revelation 2, listen to His words and hold onto His promises.
7 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.’
To the Church in Ephesus
- He is our right hand that holds it all in His hands. v.1
- He knows our actions and our deeds. v.2
- He understands our perseverance.v.3
- He reminds us to repent when we have fallen. v.5
To the Church in Smyrna
- He is the First and the Last v.8
- He knows our pain and needs. v.9
- He reminds us the devil will test us, still be faithful to receive your victor’s crown. v.10
To the Church in Pergamum
- He holds a sharp double-edged sword. v.12 (Hebrews 4:12)
- He will provide manna v.17
- He will provide a white stone with a new name on it. v.17
To the Church in Thyatira
- He knows our deeds, love, and faith, our service and perseverance. v.19
- He gives us time to repent, are you willing?
- If we don’t repent, we will suffer. v.22
- I am he who searches mind and heart, and I will give to each of you according to your works. v. 23
Jesus is reminding us that He truly knows us. (Romans 8:27-37) He knows what is said and done in the dark and what is in the light. (Luke 12:3) That judgment will be passed and He gives us the opportunity to repent and turn to Him. (John 9:39 and Matthew 4:17)
To each church and to each of us Jesus says, Whoever has ears let them hear. Do you hear Jesus speaking to you today? Listen close, He knows what we go through every day, He is here for us, waiting. All we need to do is listen.
Thank you for your words that we are able to apply to our hearts each day. God, we know you are with us always and know every detail of our being. Help us to listen and obey your words. That in this wonderful Christmas season we remember and focus on your ultimate sacrifice of sending your own son Jesus to live a perfect life and ultimately die for our sins. The sins we all like to hide away, let us bring them to the light and repent. God I’m sorry when I lose faith, I’m sorry when I don’t listen. Search my help and reveal to me all that you desire and help me to live not by my will, but yours. Help me to open my ears, and hear your loving voice today. We love you.