Today’s Reading: Psalm 66
Psalms 66: 1- 4
Shout for joy to God, all the earth;
2 sing the glory of his name;
give to him glorious praise!
3 Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds!
So great is your power that your enemies come cringing to you.
4 All the earth worships you
and sings praises to you;
they sing praises to your name.”
During the season of Thanksgiving, we take time to reflect on the things that we’ve been given throughout the year. This is the time that we can express our gratitude and appreciation to each other, and those around us for the many gifts that they have bestowed upon us.
In this Psalm, we were looking at the great deeds that God has done for us. The many mountains that he has moved for us, the many obstacles that we have overcome with His guidance. But what about the daily, hourly, and minutes that He has done such great deeds for us . If we look at our day from midnight to midnight how many great deeds has God done for us.
Come and see what God has done:
he is awesome in his deeds toward the children of man.(v5)
- Restful sleep without seizures
- Waking up with ease
- Ability to move all limbs independently and voluntarily
- Ability to use the bathroom without assistance and ease of moving in the dark and not falling
Bless our God, O peoples;
let the sound of his praise be heard,
9 who has kept our soul among the living
and has not let our feet slip. ( v8-9)
- The ability to take a shower by yourself. The warm and hot water that is available. The warm house and bathroom to use.
- The ability to eat a morsel or more and the ability to have a cup of warm coffee.
- The ability to have a vehicle that will work properly
- The fuel to get to work
Come and hear, all you who fear God,
and I will tell what he has done for my soul.(v16)
- The traveling mercies that allow you to get to and from work without incident.
- The ability to work and be present at your place of employment
- The ability to thank God continuously for the Spirit of God to be the protection for you and the love ones as they go about their daily and activities.
These are just a handful of things that go on a daily basis, and sometimes we can forget that each of those items can have hundreds of great deeds associated with them to perform those and to continue to grow.
During this next week find a day to see how many great deeds that God has done for you in the mist of you living your life.