Today’s Reading: Psalm 130
5. I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
and in his word, I put my hope.
Future, past, wisdom, fears, trust, adversity, words, God, truth, and parenting. These are just some of the topics of notecards I like to have in hand reach. Often in one of my pockets. Each of these cards has various verses that speak truth through scripture. When I need hope and realize that none of that comes from me, I will use His words to help me face any situation I may have. This is every day multiple times a day. I can usually tell you the result of when I reflect on His words and when I don’t.
Where do you need to find hope today? Lean into God’s word to find exactly what you need. Please take a moment to jot it down on a piece of paper or notecard and carry it around with you.
Here are a few verses for today!
- Future – 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
- Worry – 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6: 33-34
- Life – Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23
- Words – Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24
- Others – 8 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. 9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. 1 Peter 3:8-9
- Past – He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3
- God – Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and[i] knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments,
and his paths beyond tracing out! Romans 11:33
- Adversity – and call on me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you will honor me.” Psalm 50:15
- Wisdom – Teach us to number our days,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:15
Listen to this song called Your Word…Stay blessed.